Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Costa and Kallick VS Marzano and Pickering

Hi everyone,

I think that both set of researchers findings in regards to Habits of Mind, are quite similar, with very few differences to be honest. I think the only differences I identified were that Costa and Kallick seemed to go into more detail by naming 16 Habits of Mind. In saying that, I think that with less Habits of Mind, Marzano and Pickering pretty much share the same scope, but in a much broader sense. It was interesting though to read about using all of our senses such as smell and touch to learn in Costa and Kallick's version of Habits of Mind.

Another difference I identified was that Costa and Kallick defined the term "Habits of Mind" more explicitly than Marzano and Pickering, but once again the same amount of information could be gathered from the Dol Manual.

In summary, I think that both set of researchers have nailed the topic on the head and as a learning manager, you should be confident in following either.

Feel free to comment

Regards

Jon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment